9/16/2024 3:39:25 PM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Site Discussion
 PIOTW contact and registration
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

pinkspoonbill

L92 Legend
Forum Novice
25 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2024 :  17:12:11    Reply with Quote
Hey,

I finally got some good news. First, someone did re-register PlayItOnTheWeb.com and it is good until June or July of 2025. The fact that someone did this is extremely heartening, not only because we won't lose it, but because someone has some interest in it.

Now, we still need to upkeep the site since it is going to expire next year if they don't continue. But, more importantly, we need to have the site repaired of its bugs so that we can all play and compete as we once did with the player challenges, gauntlet, etc.

I know that other sites have Ruffle and other programs that have converted all the FlashPlayer games, so this one can do that too, if the owner knows that someone is interested - i.e. me and hopefully you. If we and the owner can get all the games playable, we will have a boatload of other players coming over here, and we can get new games as well added - or, rather, the owner can.

I know all of us could go get Ruffle or otherwise access the FP games, but we aren't going to get the number of other players we need without this being user friendly. In addition, the various bugs need to be repaired with Player Challenges and contact being two big ones (you can't contact the site via their online system) if we are to enjoy the site as we did.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's where we need to work together if we want PIOTW back. There is a person or company that is responsible for paying the bills of PIOTW, registering it and running it. That company or person, according to public information is

Leading Web Solutions

Either Leading Web IS the owner and payer of PIOTW or they have someone who does. The big problem is that Leading Web Solutions is not answering their emails I have sent. They have two methods - an online and an email post@leadingwebsolutions.com. I have tried multiple times to reach them. No go. The other problem is that they are in Norway, and have a phone number there. I've no idea if that phone person speaks English, and it is a wayyy long distance call for me in the United States. Sooo, if any of you reading this lives in Europe, esp Norway, and can call that phone number without long distance charges, please do, and reply here what you found. The company could have gone out of business, and calling the number would tell us. They do have a job opening from 2020, so they aren't up to date on things. To find Leading Web Solutions and their contact info, just go to LeadingWebSolutions.com.

We need to be able to reach Leading Web Solutions if we are going to have this site repaired and, again, play the Gauntlet, Weekly and other Challenges and set Player Challenges. And if we are going to get enough players to come here. If we don't do any of this, and if all of us give up eventually, why would anyone keep registering this?

I am writing to ask y'all to help me get ahold of Leading Web Solutions and/or find the person who is registering this site so that we can ask for repairs and have more players and hopefully help the person profit from running PIOTW. The registrar is Dynadot but all they can do is deal with the domain name. For example, you could try to buy the domain and create a whole new site from Dynadot on it, but you couldn't buy this game site that runs our games. Leading Web Solutions should be the client of Dynadot (registrar) and the host as well. They should be the web developer of PIOTW. Public information says that PIOTW is hosted by Steadfast Networks, which is also Colohouse. Colohouse is extremely helpful and knowledgeable, but they cannot give us the name of the client or clients that pay for PIOTW as that is a privacy violation. We can only use public information to get ahold of whoever owns PIOTW and can repair it to ask for assistance.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! End of info we need to work on.

So, I am relieved we have another year. The registration was renewed in June for the July 17 deadline, according to at least one WhoIs site. I think this site has a great deal of potential, and if it was in working order would attract hundreds if not thousands of players, esp if it added new games, too. This means revenue for the owner who is paying the expenses for us. I for one would pay a reasonable fee to PIOTW if it were back in order as it was five years ago or so, a membership fee. I also would tolerate ads assuming they weren't completely debilitating and infuriating like the ones on Arkadium.

Maybe the owner saw my last post where I titled it for the owner? Maybe the owner is planning to get it back in working order, but is backlogged or otherwise not able to for a while. I can hope.

So, thank you for reading all this, and an even bigger thank you if you can help locate and contact the web developer who owns PIOTW and see whether or not we can get the games converted and the functions working again. Please send me an email if you have any information you don't want to post here.

pinkspoonbill

L92 Legend
Forum Novice
25 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2024 :  22:22:15    Reply with Quote
We do not need to contact the registrar or the host of Leading Web Solutions. Contacting Leading Web Solutions itself will probably not result in a reply, but it could. My suggestion, if you want to contact them, is not to mention Play It On The Web at all, and just ask for general information or a reply. If you get one, you might could communicate what needs to happen here. IMPORTANT - Be extremely polite and thankful that this is has been operational for so long. It is a gift to us and we have no right to criticize it. We are asking for a favor in maintaining it. If you cannot be very polite when contacting Leading Web Solutions, do not contact them at all.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: